1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Streambox downloading question.

Discussion in 'Video - Software discussion' started by 1927city, Nov 14, 2004.

1. 1927city

1927city Member

Hi

I'm trying to download a streaming asf file which is abou 200MB in size. Unfortunately, I only have a 56k dial up modem so need streambox to renew the download when my connection times out.

I have obtained the URL using Project URL Snooper (mms:// etc.), and began downloading succesfully, but after disconnection from the internet and re-connection Strambox gives me a 'file not found' error after connection to the server and the downlaod does not progress from where it previously stopped.

Does anyone have any idea as to why not and is there anything I can do to remedy this problem?

I thank you for your help in advance, it really is much appreciated by non-techno bods such as myself!

Thanks

JD

2. 1927city

1927city Member

Hi All

Sorry about this but can anyone help me re: below, as if you guys can't help here then I'm not sure who can!

Thanks once more

JD

3. 1927city

1927city Member

Hi All

Sorry about this but can anyone help me re: below, as if you guys can't help here then I'm not sure who can!

Thanks once more

JD

4. Jerome13

Jerome13 Guest

Sorry I'm the real newbie here but I think this is because the URL(mms:// etc.) has a path name that changes at each connection. You should update it everytime you connect.

Jerome