1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Streambox VCR - can somebody help me please

Discussion in 'Other video questions' started by Juice2004, Sep 15, 2004.

1. Juice2004

Juice2004 Member

Im tryin to convert this stream asx. video file so I can burn it to VCD. I downloaded Streambox VCR 1.0 Beta 3.1 and I even found some instructions on how to use it somewhere on this website. But anyway, it keeps timing out on all attempts and keeps giving the message "Server: Requested File Not Found". What does this mean?

Here's the link to the video. Please see if it works for y'all:

mms://wmcontent34.bcst.yahoo.com/bmfroot02/BMFShare02/launch.com/3/2132506.asf?StreamID=2132506&xdata=Mr1hRE0XfmgErsi8awBEpA-152582-1299910100&b=8cbi32t07lkr8&s=396500551&ru=Windows-Media-Player

Thanx in advance.

2. Juice2004

Juice2004 Member

Never mind. I got it now.

3. tooner440

tooner440 Member

Well, I don't :-(

I've used Streambox for a while now and it's usually worked great. I recently reinstalled it and now Streambox doesn't work anymore. It's really weird- not sure if I've done something differently in the past, but mms urls that I used to be able to download just fine won't download anymore. I decided to look around the forum and found this thread, so I gave the URL above a try, and it doesn't work for me. The error I get is "Server: Requested File not found". Any ideas? I doubt the guy who originially started this thread will be back, but if he does, can you please post the steps you used to resolve your problem?

TIA

Last edited: Sep 21, 2004
  4. Veblin

Veblin Active member

In the case of the URL above you need to change the Protocol setting in StreamBox VCR to MMS(HTTP) Protocol.

There are many newer and better recorders available for Windows Media streams. Example: GetASFstream is a far more reliable Windows Media recorder. It will determine the correct protocol to use, download faster, and index the downloaded file for fast seeking. There are also many other recorders available.

Go to the link below in my signature and start in the FAQ section.
    _X_X_X_X_X_[small]The best information on streaming media recording.
    The Streaming Media Recording Forum.
    http://p084.ezboard.com/bstreemeboxvcr[/small]

Last edited: Sep 21, 2004
  5. tooner440

tooner440 Member

Thanks for the reply! No joy with StreamBox- I switched the protocol (which I never had to do before) and it just returns "HTTP error".

Not having much luck with GetASFstream either, and I think this might be due to the fact that I can't find it! Weird- searching Afterdawn comes up blank, and googling it returns a bunch of japanese pages, which I unfortunately cannot translate, so I can't locate a download link. I tried looking for it on file share (Kazaa) and no results. Do you know where I might go to snag a copy?

Thanks

6. Veblin

Veblin Active member

Go to the link below in my signature and start in the FAQ section.