1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Streambox VCR v1.0 beta 3.1 crack problem

Discussion in 'Video - Software discussion' started by Av21, Jan 16, 2003.

1. Av21

Av21 Member

Hi,

i was wondering if someone can help me with this: i've downloaded Streambox VCR v1.0 beta 3.1 from afterdawn.com software page and used the crack that comes with the file but although the msg "vcr.exe - File successfully pattched " appeared there were some differences from what they said in the Unofficial manual, like the size of the cracked file (mine was only 770 bytes not 808), the fact that when i entered the program i still had to give a name, password and e-mail and finally when i clicked Help/About, the message "StreamBox VCR 1 beta 31 - SMFfix" that would double check that the crack worked didn't appear! Is it cracked or not?

Sorry if i'm asking such a noobie question but i don't understand much about computers and i don't want some company to know what trailers i've been downloading! Thanks for any help that i can get and sorry for my english!

2. struve

struve Member

i have the same problem with dloading the crack and applying it to the streambox vcr as av 21 newbie..but i dont understand the answer given ..can you please tell me whether i should be dloading the crack from another site or what..sorry

3. glyph

glyph Guest

What-ho chaps,

Well, having read this forum to find answers to my own questions, I found answers to yours. Someone else posted the answer a while ago, but I will try to remember the gist of it.

When you download the crack you probably got lots of zip files - keep extracting them until you find the StealthMulderFix set. The crack you want should be something like fr_svcr1b31smf_crack.exe (i.e. *with* the "smf" bit). This one should patch the vcr executable and show the correct number of bytes written). It worked for me, I think.

ANYWAY, my problem is that I am probably a complete idiot newbie as I have had virtually no success with Streambox.

1 - it is my belief that as well as video, Streambox will record audio-only streams (.ram -> .ra files). If this is not true, tell me I am a fool (gently).

2 - The real problem:
    I have pasted a .RAM link into Streambox and it starts thinking. It finds the link to the .RA file
    rtsp://rmv8.bbc.net.uk/radio4/sat1030.ra
    but then says "host not found" (log copied at bottom of message)
    Our network uses an HTTP proxy, but I am fairly sure I have got all the settings right (though I have no Login or Password), and I have selected "always use HTTP protocol for PNM and MMS streams".

RealOne Player works OK (i.e. plays the file), as do other lesser .RA grabbing programs.

Any ideas?

Ian

(log dump) =====================
    Attempt 1
    rtsp://rmv8.bbc.net.uk/radio4/sat1030.ra
    Flying Raichu RTSP protocol
    Looking host rmv8.bbc.net.uk
    Host not found
    Retry idle 20 seconds
    Attempt 2
    Host not found
    Attempt 5
    Host not found
    All Attempts Passed

4. struve

struve Member

thanks glyph..i got the mulder crack..it did write at 808 bytes which i think is correct (not 780 bytes as another i tried as did av21)
    but it still didnt affect the vcr exe (blue and white logo)..and the call home message came up..am i trying the wrong vcr exe..? better still can you post the correct files and crack on this message board for me to download please..or is that out of order..thanks

5. Av21

Av21 Member

Hey,

Struve can you tell me from where did you downloaded the crack for me to try it and see if it works?

Thanks

6. struve

struve Member

hi
    i cant do this until i get back to my pc this evening..however the afterdawn site was where i started...the download from there appeared not to work..(780bytes.instead of 808 as stated in the guide)...i then went to kazaar and got another streambox....and had a friend send me the smr crack ..but trying to put the two together didnt work either ,,its me or its the prog or its the pc..so i think ill start again if glyph (or someone) will post their working version or give me a site link whrer i can get it...just like you..not very helpful really as we both seem to have the same problem but neither of us can give the other a solution..or so it seems

7. Av21

Av21 Member

Ok,

so i guess i will have to wait too! Maybe someone will tell us where we can get a working crack!

I'm still using the program because i'm only downloading trailers, so i don't care if they are checking it or not!

Bye

8. glyph

glyph Guest

I'll try and post something soon, when the boss isn't looking.... :)

9. glyph

glyph Guest

I think I got my versions at

http://www.dawnload.net/audio_software/audio_tools/streambox_vcr.cfm

Bear in mind that I have had no success with these either, but for possibly different reasons (I get the expected number of bytes written, and no phoning home problems as far as I can tell).

Of course, you have to make sure you are applying the crack to the executable you think you are!

Share and Enjoy,

Ian

10. waldi

waldi Member

I have no problems at all with the cracks.

Downloading a smil-file was a nut to crack for me, but I finally got the computer to do what I wanted him to do.

Happy streaming
    Waldi

Last edited: Feb 17, 2003
  11. struve

struve Member

glyph
    thanks i shall try again...i think this is wkere i got it from originally and it didnt work (see earlier threads)

12. struve

struve Member

av 21...any luck?

13. Av21

Av21 Member

No :( That's the place from where i've downloaded it in first place!

14. struve

struve Member

av 21 ..how depressing ..big circle and back to square one...i shall have another go this weekend but i think maybe the only way to get it is from someone who already has the cracked version in its working form to make it avaiable ..if thats possible..perhaps it isnt ..any ideas..

15. Av21

Av21 Member

To be honest, i don't even know if the program is sending information of what i'm downloading or not so........maybe it's cracked...i don't know! I only use it for movie trailers, so...i don't think there's a big problem with that!

16. struve

struve Member

hi
    i didnt get chance to do anything..it sounds as though you have a working version...when you applies the crack did you get the call home message/..if so how did you get past that?
    cheers