1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Streaming Blu-ray files to the PS3...can it be done?

Discussion in 'PS3 - Modding & Hacking' started by maussimo, Aug 25, 2007.

1. maussimo

maussimo Member

hey all, thanks in advance for any help or thoughts...

From what I have read and understand, a blu-ray disc can be streamed from a pc to a PS3 as long as the file extensions are changed from .m2ts to either .mpg or .mp4 (i dont know which for sure)...

my problem is, I have a few various folders that make up the disc, and i can see the .m2ts folders, but there are I think 78 files, not one big one to change the extension on.

Does anyone have any advice on how to make the change to get this to stream?

once again, thanks, anything is much appreciated!

Scott

2. Zippy84

Zippy84 Member

NO. Blu-ray files cannot be streamed to a ps3. The AACS copy protection prevents that. Also, why would you stream it? It makes no sense to stream it to the ps3 when you can play the disc in the ps3. Also, like normal DVDs theres not just one single file for the main movie.

3. maussimo

maussimo Member

well, my reason for streaming was because I have the movie I want to watch, but i don't have the disc...therefore i would have to stream it because i do not and prolly will not for a long while have a blu-ray burner...which is why I am interested in streaming it to my PS3...

4. Zippy84

Zippy84 Member

Ahhh... sorry. Theres no way to do it unfortunately. I picked up my Blu-Ray burner (Sony BWU-100a) a few months ago for $600. Im getting more use out of it now that there are programs to rip blu-ray movies and ps3 games (via YDL). If you wait about a year or so they should come down more.

5. ooZEROoo

ooZEROoo Regular member

600 isnt bad from what I've seen them go for

6. Zippy84

Zippy84 Member