1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

streamripper

Discussion in 'Audio' started by mh2260, Dec 13, 2003.

1. mh2260

mh2260 Member

Hi I am new here and I am not up on comp talk so please be nice when you answere and thanks in advance I am trying to get protected songs off a web site wma files they let you download them and you can listen only for a limited time I want them on CD I have streamripper but not sure how to do this please someone help.
    mh

2. wilkes

wilkes Regular member

I believe you may have a couple of options here.
    http://streamripper.sourceforge.net/sr32/
    will give you a detailed guide on how streamripper works, or alternatively you may be able to right-click the file on the server and "save as" to your HDD instead of playing it. If you can do this, try downloading the demo of Sony Vegas 4.0 which will then allow you to import the saved file into the program where you will easily be able to strip the audio out and save it in any format you choose. I just tried this out on a different wmv file, and it works a treat. The site said "streaming only" but a rightclick download worked for me.
    BTW - this app also lets you strip out the audio & video files on these free CD's that get given away in certain National Newspapers in the UK. You are only supposed to be able to play them 4 or 5 times. Rip the file & resave as a new one works nearly every time.
    If none of this works, try recording the analogue outputs instead, or else if you have a player that is VST compatible you can use SilverSpike's Tape-it plugin.
    This can be found at http://www.silverspike.com/Download/download.html
    Hope this helps a little, and welcome to afterdawn. There are a lot of very knowledgeable & helpful folks here.

3. mh2260

mh2260 Member

Thank you for the info I will try it I already have downloaded the songs to my HD but I am only aloud to play them for 2 weeks only and then you can't open them anymore they are WMA files windows media files that are protected.
    I will try what you said.
    Thanks
    mh