1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Stressed out and now $less i really need help plz

Discussion in 'PS2 - DVD backup discussion' started by Mxg, Mar 7, 2005.

1. Mxg

Mxg Member

i finally got a new PS2 Laser 400B i installed it it runs all my originals fine
    now this is what really pisses me off now i when i load swap magic and i insert a burned game it keeps saying invalid ps2 disc and all of these games have worked on my older lens to a point where it could no longer read the burnt games i have HD loader which i bought and i play off the HDD but some game dont work on the HDD and i really spent alot of money on all of this and im still at square 1
    so can anyone help me out becuasei expect that at least this new lens would read my backed up games
    i am using Swap magic 3.3
    it doesnt even read the burnt games that my old lens used to read and that old lens was just about dead
    but this New lens reads all games quite fast original games that is

Last edited: Mar 7, 2005
  2. Mxg

Mxg Member

it is also makin a starnge clicking sound when i try running a CD game it doesnt read it unless i reset it
    so does anyone kno what to do ?

Last edited: Mar 7, 2005
  3. Randy831

Randy831 Member

Are you using a slid card? If not get one.

4. Mxg

Mxg Member

naw i have a Flip top lid i was able to play Backed up games before on my older lens with the Flip top and Swap Magic but this new lens isnt reading the Burnt DVD games but its reading the Burnt CD games
    and i used no brand DVD blanks to play games it was a no branded DVD - R blank
    anyone have any suggestions ?

5. JoeN00b

JoeN00b Guest

You may have to tweak the laser. I know I've seen some threads about doing that in order to play some of the backups because of the dyes that are used on the discs.

I don't know how to do it, as I've never done it, but I'm sure some of these ppl can help, and it's just a helpful suggestion after all.

6. Mxg

Mxg Member

ive searched all over but i havent had any luck on finding a tutorials on how to do this

can anyone refer me to a site on where i could find a tutorial or a solution to my problem ?

7. steimy

steimy Active member

This will be hard to explain without pictures but i will try.
    http://www.cyber-mag.com/station/laserPS2.htm
    http://www.langleystudios.com/info_pages.php?pages_id=16?osCsid=f37ffc4cc212ea03e749395ab3c4af14

on my V7 there is a big whit sprocket, like the one shown in the picture on the first link i posted. Then there is a small white round thing next to it with a small notch in it. i used a screwdriver in the little notch to turn the small white thing, and it moves the larger white spocket. Make sure you mark the original position on the large white sprocket! turn it counter clock wise one notch at a time. I know this is a pain but is the correct way. turn it on, eject the tray and then turn it off with the tray out. that way you can remove the cover for the drive so you can see what i am talking about. then of course each time you have to put the drive cover back on and keep repeating the process until it reads your discs, might as well clean the laser while your in there too.
    Hope this is some help.

8. Mxg

Mxg Member

how do i adjust OHMS on one of the links they say i have to adjust the Laser my 50 - 100 OHMS how do i kno how much i am adjusting when i turn the screw ?

Last edited: Mar 12, 2005
  9. EvilJohn

EvilJohn Guest