1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

STRESSING OUT with burning games

Discussion in 'PS2 - DVD backup discussion' started by jor5dan, Nov 8, 2004.

1. jor5dan

jor5dan Member

Do you really need a dvd burner to burn the ps2 dvd games???is there anyway around it?? if not were do i get a dvd burner from??? i dont have a credit card to get anything online. can i get a dvd burner from a nearby location like radio shack or staples?? does it matter what dvd burner i get??? i was checking some prices, but some were like $30-$1000. Im a college student and i need every penny possoble thats why imn tryin to burn games, but this dvd burner thing is a obstacle can somebody tell me were i can get a very cheap and dependable dvd burner from, especially from somebody who has it and uses it a lot and has no problems burning games??? PLEASE HELP

2. neophile

neophile Member

It's possible to rip ps2 dvd games to cd format. But I don't recommend it because it places stress on your ps2 laser and it will die out on you earlier than you expected. Go to ps2ownz.com and look under the dvd rip chat forum and check out the "ripping for dummies tutorial" there. If you wanna make 1:1 copies of ps2 games you require more than just a dvd burner. You should either have a mod-chip or a fliptop/slidecard + swap magic discs. You should stick to a dvd burner that handles dvd-r media not the dvd+r media b/c ps2 laser seems to read better the dvd-r media. I highly recommend ritek dvd-r media. Its cheap and it uses high quality dye. Go to meritline.com or newegg.com for your ritek needs ( I think meritline offers free shipping, but I dont know how'll get around the no credit card prob). Most of your dvd backups should be burned at 1x-2x b/c ps2 laser seems to read burns at this speed best (i.e. it eliminates game skipping problems). Hence, you should invest on 4x media rather than buying any 8x compatible media (that is if your potential dvd-rw drive goes up to 8x speeds), which is more costly and you'll never use those speeds for ps2 backups.

3. jor5dan

jor5dan Member

i have sony dvd-r disc already and i have swap magic and a no solder mod chip. i cant afford no dvd burner rite now i did find a website that sells back up games so i guess i will use that or if any body can tell me how to use bit torrent then i could also do that

4. neophile

neophile Member

Even if you used bit torrent, how would you burn the image you downloaded?

5. fiapop

fiapop Member

i have no solder and swap magic disc... i burned a DVD-r of GTA SA... at 4x with newegg media... it did not work... when i loaded it it just had a red outline around the swap magic program screen, and just froze there.

wut u think was wrong? i used alcohol to burn the iso image. was around 4.3gbs

6. neophile

neophile Member

You burned it too fast...try 2x rather than 4x. Is it ritek media or something else you're using?