1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

stretching the picture

Discussion in 'DVD±R for advanced users' started by martynste, Mar 11, 2004.

1. martynste

martynste Regular member

does anybody know of any software available to stretch a dvd picture on the hard drive.

2. MysticE

MysticE Active member

????? Please explain more what you are trying to do.

3. martynste

martynste Regular member

Yes, sorry about that it was a little breif,MysticE. I have been making backups of my own movie collection for over a year now. Using dvd shrink, decrypter, nero you get the picture. My problem is that most dvd movies know come in just widescreen format. I have a 4:3 tv and I get the black bars at top and bottom. This is when watching both backup and original.
    The question I am asking is, once I have made a backup of my film onto the pc hard drive, can I stretch the image to fit a 4:3 tv, before I burn my movie.
    It might seam a stupid question but I don't like widescreen tvs. I've looked for software on the web, but have found nothing. The only thing I've found is something to view your picture 4:3 from widesreen. Power dvd 5 I think.
    Any help would be grately apprieciated, And again I apologise for being so breif in my original post.

4. MysticE

MysticE Active member

Learn to live with it or get a player that has a 1.8X zoom. What you want to acomplish is not a trivial task and requires much time, many steps and various software.

5. vurbal

vurbal Administrator Staff Member

Your DVD player should have a setting that sets it in Widescreen mode. This is the setting you would use for a 16:9 TV, and on anamorphic movies (which is what most widescreen movies are) it will stretch the picture vertically. Most movies still won't use every line on your TV, but it will basically give you the effect you are looking for.

6. martynste

martynste Regular member

Thanks for the advice everybody. I have tried the zoom on my dvd but I still get some black bars. I guess I'll have to buy a new widescreen tv.