1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Strictly XBOX soft modding information!!!

Discussion in 'Xbox - Backup discussion' started by Jakass606, Feb 20, 2005.

1. Jakass606

Jakass606 Member

im highly interested in this soft modding what other information can u give me?, i have been thoughout the web for weeks but i cant seem to get a simple straight forward solution. my xbox is only 5 months old which means its still got warranty on it so i dont want to get a mod chip to put in it yet but i am willing to try this soft modding (anything without linux involved) any useful information that is well explained in as much detail as possible would be muchly appreciated thanks

2. Quadratic

Quadratic Regular member

Well softmodding is basically programming your xbox with Linux. It's not that bad dude. You just select the bios, dashboard, and it'll automatically program it for you :)

Just go on xbox-scene.com and search for softmodding...I believe they have a guide there.

3. Jakass606

Jakass606 Member

Yeah i have been there and there there way to do it seems scratchy and is not as self explanitry as i would of hoped. i have found this sit www.how2xbox and this idea i would be willing to try but im asking if anyone knows a safer and easier way to do it

4. Degallle

Degallle Regular member

that's actually pretty safe, but you won't have any apps, or games you will have to still ftp into your xbox and then put in all your apps and everything from there. It's pretty easy and safe like I said using the memorycard way, and is the real only safe way without opening up your xbox. When you get that done if you need some help install the apps I or someone here would be more than happy to help you teach or help you figure out how to do this.

Degalle

5. Quadratic

Quadratic Regular member

It's actually "safer" than opening your xbox. It's a simple procedure. If you want safe, this is as safe as it gets. Just make sure that you don't turn off your xbox during the process until it tells you to.

"that's actually pretty safe, but you won't have any apps, or games you will have to still ftp into your xbox and then put in all your apps and everything from there. It's pretty easy and safe like I said using the memorycard way, and is the real only safe way without opening up your xbox. When you get that done if you need some help install the apps I or someone here would be more than happy to help you teach or help you figure out how to do this."

Well, he could always use Slayer's Auto Installer or another apps disc to get the apps :)

6. Degallle

Degallle Regular member

Or use unleash's copy file (or file explorer) to move the files to his xbox, but you are right about the other disc's being used.

Degalle

7. Jakass606

Jakass606 Member

Thanks Guys, Umm Another Question......I made an xbox controller adapto with a USB port so it goes into the computer and it works fine, can i use that with a memory card 4 the controller to move the save game from the computer 2 the xbox or is it not a good way to do it?

8. joeblow77

joeblow77 Member

hey Quadratic how can i put a pic in my signature like u have i try but it wont let me upload n e images

9. joeblow77

joeblow77 Member

hey Quadratic how can i put a pic in my signature like u have i try but it wont let me upload n e images

10. Quadratic

Quadratic Regular member

I would suggest using a free image hosting service (Photobucket.com and Imageshack.us are good).

Sorry for the off-topic post :)