1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

stripped screw hole-any fix for it?

Discussion in 'Xbox - Hardware boot discussion' started by duboy1, Apr 20, 2005.

1. duboy1

duboy1 Regular member

Hello. I was wondering if there was a fix for whenever you have a stripped screw hole where the lpc is located. Generally you need this to hold down the chip. So is there a way to fix this problem? If not, how could i get a solderless adapter to stay down? Thanks!

2. duboy1

duboy1 Regular member

anyone?

3. jasin39

jasin39 Member

i had the same problem w. my spider chip. all you can do is go to hardware store and find a screw slightly bigger in diameter but still small enough to fit in the chip hole. Infact, a wood screw slightly longer than the original should work, its how i got my chip to work

also you may want to make sure the chip is aligned properly. if you get the frag and youre sure the chip is lined up correctly try applying pressure to the chip with you finger and booting the box. if it works then just use something to hold down the chip like a piece of folded cardboard between the DVD rom and the chip.

Also i dont know what chip youre using but mine had non insulated (exposed) wires so i put tape on bottom of my dvdrom drive just to make sure that nothing would short out if it touchd the bottom of the metal romdrive..sorry if this is overkill for your question, just trying to save someone else the pain i endured w..my spider chip