1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

stripping DTS vs. Dolby Digital

Discussion in 'DVD±R for advanced users' started by DennisTM, Jan 16, 2003.

1. DennisTM

DennisTM Member

Hi all,

after decrypting and ReMPEGing I decided to strip the DTS audio portion instead of the suggested Dolby Digital tracks (using the Cretin's Guide DVD-9 to DVD-5). It all seemed ok, file size VTS sectors, VOB pointers etc. But my home DVD player won't recognize the DVD as a playable disk. Any idea where I missed out? I assume it's the DVD menu or the beginning of the DVD (which is in most cases Dolby Digital before it switches to DTS). How could I correct my error?

Thanks in advance for your input.

2. menmaddi

menmaddi Regular member

DennisTM,

I think the DVD-R would still play anyway. I would recheck my editing. The fact that your player isn't recognizing the disc says to me there's an editing error. Since the video and audio streams are separate, it shouldn't matter if you stripped all the audio out.

3. DennisTM

DennisTM Member

Hi menmaddi,

thank, I'll go over the whole procedure again and see where I could have boo-booed.
    I also thought video and audio are separate portions of the deal, so it just didn't make sense.

Thanks - and hope with me it works this time :)