1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Structure Error - from reading backup copy

Discussion in 'DVD Shrink forum' started by nsun38, Sep 3, 2004.

1. nsun38

nsun38 Member

I use DVDShrink (version 3.2) to rip and Hotburn sw to burn (came with my Omega burner). The method I used in Hotburn is choose "Data Disc" and dray and drop the
    "VIDEO_TS" directory.

All my backup copies play well on DVD players. In my window explorer, I can the directory and all the .BUP, IFO, VOB files.

However, when trying DVDShrink (3.2) "Open dis" and "Open File" from the backup disk, I will get error message like "Structure error...file is missing etc..."

Any tips?

I am trying to create a "preview" disc that contains my idea of hightlights from my DVD collection.

2. Nephilim

Nephilim Moderator Staff Member

What happens if you try to open them with DVD Decrypter?

3. nsun38

nsun38 Member

I have not tried DVD Decrypter for the longest time. But will test it out and post my result. Thanks!

4. brian100

brian100 Guest

nsun38

If you have DVD2one on your system you could try this method to "scoop" the main movie.

Rip disk, if possible, using Smartripper (movie only mode). Open up DVD2one and do a "movie only" copy, pointing DVD2one at your (smartripped, movie only) files.
    It may work. good luck

5. ddlooping

ddlooping Active member

Hi all. :)

nsun38, have you tried the following?

- Open DVD Shrink.
    - Switch to the "Reauthor" mode.
    - Use the "DVD Browser" on the right to locate the title(s) you wish to backup.
    - Drag&drop the title(s) in the "DVD Structure" pane, on the left.

Let us know if it works. ;)
    _X_X_X_X_X_[small][​IMG]

For DVD Shrink and related softwares guides and information, please visit http://www.dvdshrink.info[/small]

Last edited: Sep 4, 2004