1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Stuck at 3.71m33-2

Discussion in 'Sony PSP - Mod and firmware discussion' started by surwalter, Oct 16, 2011.

1. surwalter

surwalter Member

Hello,

I havent used my psp in some time and Im trying to get it updated. I have a memory stick that installs 3.71m33-2, as well as a pandora battery.

The problem is I can't seem to update past that. I have tried updating to 4.00, 5.00 and 5.55 both m33 and ofw. I also tried ofw 6.20. They all have the same result- installation says its succesful, but then the psp will not restart after the update has completed.

I have tried formatting flash 1, aswell as the memory card.

Any suggestions on how I can get to a more current cfw? Thanks for any help!!

2. Eisherz

Eisherz Active member

Try using a higher magic memory stick, google for Rain's magic memory stick maker, it will allow you to install 5.00 M33 directly, from there on you don't need any in-between-steps to update to 6.60 ME.

3. surwalter

surwalter Member

Thank you, I will try that now. Im not sure if it matters but its a white psp slim with vader on the back.

4. surwalter

surwalter Member

Yea no luck, same as before. It says the install is successful, but then It wont start up afterwords. 3.71 m33 works fine for some reason. Could it be a umd setting?

What really confused me was when I tried to use ofw- starting with ofw 3.71, I still couldn't upgrade to more recent ofw.