1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Stuck downgrading from my 2.71 psp

Discussion in 'Sony PSP - Mod and firmware discussion' started by termite75, Apr 9, 2007.

1. termite75

termite75 Member

Ok, I've been trying to get this thing working now since I found out about homebrew and everything I could do with my PSP. My PSP is a version IC6001 mobo, with version 2.71 running on it. I have been trying to get some emulators running on it, as well as to get some of the newer games running. I bought Luxor, and upon starting it up, it wanted me to update to 2.81. I backed out, and stayed with the 2.71. Now, how do I go about downgrading my psp to 1.5 so I can run homebrew?

I've been reading through these forums like crazy trying to find an answer... I fear bricking the thing, so I'm trying to be as safe as possible.

2. termite75

termite75 Member

Ok... newbie says it all, I finally found the easy downgrader at http://www.psp-hacks.com/file/755 and now have my psp back to 1.5 yeah! :) I'm curious though, how do I run my umd's now? I'm replying to my own thread though, so, maybe after a few hours I'll have figured it out... lol.. :)

3. MidnightJ

MidnightJ Guest

You should not give him that link since he never indicated if his PSP was TA-082. If its non-TA-082 use that thing for sure though.

4. ggbarnum

ggbarnum Regular member

Who are you talking to ? The first 2 posts are both by the same person. Nobody gave anybody any links.

@termite now you are at 1.5 you should upgrade to custom firmware via the winstallers in thread:

http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/460892

5. termite75

termite75 Member

umm.. ok?

well, I finally got a few roms to work, but I have a question that I can't find an answer to. Does anybody know of a palm reader that can be used for the PSP? I've spent most of the morning browsing google looking with no result.

6. MidnightJ

MidnightJ Guest

My mistake. I thought a different user said that.

7. ggbarnum

ggbarnum Regular member

A palm reader !!!

Yeah, I believe you can buy them from the same place as retinal scanners and dna samplers

;)