1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Stuck in Ntfs Dos Method -ms25-

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 - Modding & Hacking' started by mrstevo, Aug 29, 2007.

1. mrstevo

mrstevo Member

I have been trying to flash my Toshiba-Samsung (TS-943A) MS-25 and have ran into a bit of a problem.
    When I first attempted to try this I used the USB method. My bios did not enable booting from USB so I instead decided to go with the NTFS DOS cd method.
    Before I go any further, I have already executed IPREP and wrote the firmware (in my case: xtreme 1.2 rev c. fast) to the folder it creates in my C: drive. I burned the NTFS image to a cd and set my computer to boot up to my drive with the disc inserted. I disconnect all my other drives except for my C: drive which has the IPREP folder in it. I take the SATA cable I need to connect to the 360 drive and wait for further instruction.

Everything goes well after that, I change the directory to [cd IPREP] and get to the next prompt. "The Hacking The Xbox 360 For Noobs" guide says to connect the SATA cable to your 360 drive at that point but nowhere before that says to turn your system on. Only after iDumping the firmware does it say to power-cycle the 360. This confuses me as after typing in the iDump command (iDump xxxxxxx xxxxx) it brings me to another line which lists 1. IDE Pri Master and 2. ICH6P Pri Master. The guide says to select an item on the list named XTREME? Is there any part of the process I am missing here?
    If this helps any if selecting 1, it says "status 72, should be 70; ERR user break; extreme.bin => Backups\xxxxxx\xxxxx\hacked.bin

I looked all around at other guides some used xtreme boot maker, or used different commands such as samhack which confused the hell out of me. Another thing that didn't help was that the video guide uses the USB method. At what time do I turn on my 360 in the NTFS method?

Thanks,

- Steven

2. 360noob

360noob Guest

I'm having a very similar problem! When I select the extreme port... it just waits.. then when I push exit I get "status 51 should be 70". I couldn't get any farther... let me know if you get some help! Sorry I can't help...

3. shinnster

shinnster Regular member

@ Mrstevo

it sounds like your drive is not being detected. What sata chipset do you have? is it a via 6421? once the cd boots and you get to dos then you should plug in the sata cable into the 360 that has already been powered on. then when you get to the drive selectin part it should list your xtreme drive.

@360 noob

did you try the 10 second trick? sounds like tat your problem. Just before you select your xtreme drive turn off your console and select it, wait ten seconds then turn the console back on and it should start to flash.

4. 360noob

360noob Guest

I'll give that a shot and get back to you guys. Thanks!

5. mrstevo

mrstevo Member

6. mrstevo

mrstevo Member

Please guys I'm begging you, this is driving me mad over here.

7. mrstevo

mrstevo Member

Well I finally got it working and flashed it correctly.

I went to CMD -> Samtool orig.bin hacked.bin
    Took a risk and went to go flash the drive and it worked.

I was just stuck on getting in samtool with my firmware.

8. shinnster

shinnster Regular member

sorry for the slack replys dude, work has been manic!
    glad you got it done in the end.
    i would look into using the mtkflash commands in future and stay away from samtool as its been known do cause problems.

9. chipdawn

chipdawn Member

Hi

i done everything as in the noob.pdf.
    i turned on pc and xbox 360, boot through USB got the dos screen.
    connect the sata cable to xbox and type idump xxxxxxx xxxxx , got 4 choises 2 for ich and 2 for xtreme one:xtreme pri master one xtreme pri slave, i chose xtreme pri master but its stuck on the port: xxxx , master/slave: xx, i tried turning the xbox off, and again i chose xtreme pri master and turned xbox on after 1-20 seconds but still stuck on port: xxxx , master/slave: xx.

please I really need your help
    is anyone for the same prolem? is there anyone with solution to it?

tnx

10. shinnster

shinnster Regular member

Is this the first time flashing or are you upgrading from xtreme?
    you are correct in choosing xtreme pri master, mine never gets stuck as i always use the ten second trick so i am not sure why yours is not working, hopefully someone else will be able to shed some light on the problem.

you could always try and use the enable 0800 disk (only if upgrading from xtreme. no need for this disk if your console is standard at the moment) That stops you having to try the 10 second trick.

11. chipdawn

chipdawn Member

hi

tnx for the answer.
    my xbox is already flashed, i cant tell which version cause i got it like that, so i dont have the orig.bin file.
    i tried the 0800 disc and i also tried to turn on the xbox after choosing the xtreme pri master after 1-20 seconds (i did million tries with that) but still it stucked on the port !!!?!!?

can anyone help me with that??

tnx

12. chipdawn

chipdawn Member

hi

well i figure it out. im so lame

the disc i burned the 0800 was dvd+r, i tried again with dvd+r DL and it works like charm, what can i say!!!!!!!!!!

thank you all for your help and support.

tnx

13. donaldse

donaldse Member

14. donaldse

donaldse Member