1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Stuck with 2.4x writing speed in DVD Shrink

Discussion in 'DVD Shrink forum' started by xy16644, Dec 9, 2004.

1. xy16644

xy16644 Member

Does anyone know why I can't write my DVD movie to DVD+R faster than 2.4x with the latest version of DVD Shrink? My DVD writer supports 4x and and I have written many non movie DVDs at 4x speed. I have checked my DMA settings and that all looks fine. I am running the latest version of Nero (just applied the latest update last week). My machine is a Toshiba P25-S670 laptop. It seems like I am not able to write movie DVDs to DVD+R faster than 4x...I am using the Verbatim Digital Movie 4x DVD+R media.

Is there something I am missing here? Ideas?

Thanks all!

2. saugmon

saugmon Senior member

Hey xy16644,Did you download package #3 of the nero update packages"In Cd".This will cause problems if you have it.When I updated all but #3,my dvd burning was ok,but my cd burn process took over an hour. I just used nero tools to remove and then rebooted back to nero 6.0 to get me back to normal.This might help you out. Good Luck.

3. zippyd

zippyd Active member

You may need to check your drive manufacturer's website for possible updates to your firmware. The firmware helps to identify the discs and how to handle them. Your firmware may be too old and not be able to properly handle your new Verbatims.
    I had the same problem when I switched to Ritek. Firmware update allowed my burner to burn them at their full potential.

Last edited: Dec 11, 2004