1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Stuck with a Bad Format File? Read on...

Discussion in 'Video problems with Mac' started by tenbob, Nov 13, 2003.

1. tenbob

tenbob Member

Hi there,

Incase there's any newbies out there who are getting a "bad format file" error message in DVD Studio Pro 1.5, I have the answer!!

It's a little app called "MPEG Append". Basically, if you take your mv2 file into DVD SP and it gives you this message fear not! Drop your m2v file icon onto MPEG Append's icon and it resaves it for you. I don't know what it does but once it has finished re-saving you can take it into DVD SP and the file will now work! Cool eh?!

By the way, can't remember where I got MPEG Append but search for it through Google and you'll get it.

2. triglyph

triglyph Guest

Thanks for the tip. I have this problem consistently. I de-crypt with DVD Backup and then demux with OSex (and other software) and consistenly, when I try to import into DVD Studio Pro I get the "file format not supported" message.

MPEG Append MAY solve this (I haven't tried it yet) but here's the other problem: almost none of the audio files (Ac3) are usable.

Now here's the odd thing: usually Chapter ONE of the movie comes through OK, both video and audio. I can work with them fine in DVD Studio Pro.

They show up in the finder as normal ac3 files and "get info" says the same, but they are not recognized by Apack, DVD Studio Pro, Cleaner or anything else.

Suggestions?