1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

STUDIO 8

Discussion in 'Video - Software discussion' started by WelshBoa, Apr 29, 2004.

1. WelshBoa

WelshBoa Regular member

I have used this programme on several occasions to turn my digital recordings onto DVD.

I got married this month and converted the tape to DVD and it came out brilliantly. I kept all the auxillary files and other stuff on the hard drive as I intended to add to it when I had more time and more photo's to add in.

Well last night I attempted this, but for some reason when I playback what I had already captured to the Hard Drive, its all terrible. Jerky, sound is all distorted and the picture is crap.

What I want to know is why Studio 8 has done this?? I've played the media files seperatly outside of Studio 8 and they are the same.

No problem I thought, I will just capture the footage again from my camcorder, but although when I am capturing the playback on my camcorder is perfect, it is terrible going onto the computer.

What is the problem does anyone know, as I have used this programme countless times on this PC with no problems before......

2. Minion

Minion Senior member

Could it be because to Put your Camera Footage on to DVD Studio 8/9 has to encode the Captured Files to Mpeg2/DVD first and the Mpeg2 encoder that Studio 8/9 uses is really Quite Bad and a Bad Encoder will produce Bad Quality even if it is working on good Quality Files...
    I would advise you to Capture your DV footage off your Camcorder to your Hard drive and then use a Real Mpeg encoder to convert the Files to Mpeg2/DVD format and then author those Files to DVD useing Studio 8 and if it tries to Again re-encode them (Some Programs will do this) then use a different DVD authoring Program....
    A Couple Good Quality Mpeg encoders are Tmpgenc and the Mainconcept Encoder....

3. WelshBoa

WelshBoa Regular member

It could be that but previous efforts with the software have been great. Thanks for the advice though :)