1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

studio 9 -make disc problems help plz !!!

Discussion in 'Video to DVD' started by dabbadoo, Dec 28, 2004.

1. dabbadoo

dabbadoo Guest

HI THERE IM USING STUDIO 9.0.0 HAVE EDITED SOME CAMCORDER FOOATAGE AND CREATED AN MPEG FILE RIGHTLY OR WRONGLY I HAVE THEN RETTURNED AND ADDED A MENU ALSO CHECKING THE MOTION THUMBNAILS OPTIONS ,SO ALL IS OK UNTIL I TRY TO CREATE DISC IT SAYS IT NEEDS 14 GB FREE SPACE ALTHOUGH ITS ALL CONFIGURED PROPERLY TO FIT ONTO A 4.67 DISC , THEN WHEN IT DOES START RENDERING IT TAKES LIKE 30MINS TO DO 1 MIN OF FOOTAGE IS THIS BECAUSE OF THE MOTION THUMBNAILS OPTION OR NOT ? PLEASE HELP SOMEONE BECAUSE IM PULLING MY ******* HAIR OUT !!
    CHEERS

2. Adder01

Adder01 Regular member

CAPS ARE BAD...they mean YELLING. Please don't.

Whats your PCs specs? (Faster PC = faster rendering)

What format MPEG did you create?

Yes the motion thumbs will definitely slow it down...not sure if it would be THAT much different though.

Adder.

3. dabbadoo

dabbadoo Guest

yeah sorry pc is 3.0 and 512 mb of ram and is plenty fast enough the file format is mpeg 2 if this helps cheers

4. Adder01

Adder01 Regular member

Your rig should be plenty fast enough... although I've heard that 1Gig of RAM means Pinnacle crashes less (if you have that problem).

I assume you don't have the DV-AVIs still to try it that way? Have you tried doing a menu from an AVI with motion thumbs as a sample?

You didn't have any speed problems writing the MPEG originally?

Adder.

5. dabbadoo

dabbadoo Guest

yeah i do still ahve the footage in avi format but dont want to og through editing all that again ,yeah there wasnt a speed problem at all creating the original mpeg file its seems to be as soon as i added that motion menu ??? any more suggestions ?????
    cheers for replying

6. kyrainman

kyrainman Guest

The looooong rendering times are typical. I have used Studio 9, but now use Ulead Video Studio 8(more stable). It takes approx. 5 hrs. to render a 40 minute video. Just let it run!!

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 30, 2004