1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Studio 9

Discussion in 'Video to DVD' started by billwebso, Jan 24, 2005.

1. billwebso

billwebso Guest

I currently use Studio 9 and am impatient with the time that it takes to render files for DVD output.
    Any suggestions for progams that are fairly simple and cheap/free? Also, I am using the Pinnacle Movie Box to capture my video.

2. Adder01

Adder01 Regular member

Are you creating menus in Pinnacle? If so, then you'll need another program to generate these.

If there are no menus, then you could do your editing in Pinnacle and then output an AVI file (not sure how long this would take...depends on your editing).

Then you could either use something like Nero Vision Express to convert and create your disc OR use multiple programs (for better quality)... TMPGEnc to convert from AVI to MPEG2... DVD Lab to create a menu and convert to VOB files. Now you can write your disc.

So which is quicker? NVE might be quicker to convert from AVI to MPEG2. Pinnacle you can set and forget... no need for multiple programs...

Have a look in the tools section for other ideas.

[bold]EDIT:[/bold]Also... what are the specs of your computer?? An upgrade will no doubt speed things up!

Adder.

Last edited: Jan 24, 2005
  3. jrisch

jrisch Member

I have Studio 9 and NeroVision Express. I use NVE 95% of the time because I'm converting off-air captured MPEGs to DVD and using as a VCR, and I put up with the menu restrictions of NVE. More complex stuff I use Studio 9 to allow more flexibility, but it takes much longer than NVE for simple processing.

I guess it depends on what you want the output for, watching once or twice, or as a work of art that you're happy to give out.

Regards, jrisch