1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

stuff i'll need for backing up

Discussion in 'PS2' started by freddyk6, Dec 8, 2007.

1. freddyk6

freddyk6 Member

so i've decided to play back-ups.
    i currently have very old version of action replay, thinks its ar2 (not armax).
    will i be able to install the memory card exploit by using this, alongside a cd swap method (using the card template).
    then if i install the memory card exploit, what will i have to do everytime i play a back-up?
    Can i load a dvd full of emu + roms and play these easily?
    is it worth getting a hard drive installed?
    can i play online with back-up games?
    how hard is it to install a non-solderless mod chip?
    What is the best way to play back-ups (price:ease) that doesnt require solding (but i dont care about warranty)
    thanks for help

Last edited: Dec 8, 2007
  2. byngo

byngo Regular member

if you don't want to send your PS2 away for a mod chip or solder one yourself then IMO the best solution for you is to use a HDD.
    (I am assuming you have a fat PS2)
    You will need a HDD (40Gig or above would suit most needs & preferably a maxtor make)
    You will also need a Sony PS2 network adapter to act as the hardware interface to connect the HDD to the PS2.
    You will need software to recognise, list & play the games on the HDD such as HD Advance.
    You will need to apply a patch to the games to enable you to play them online I think (but i have never played online)
    Games can be transferred to the HDD by putting them in the PS2 and using the HD Advance software to transfer them.
    This takes about 25 mins on average but the best way is to take the PS2 HDD back out and connect it to a USB to IDE adapter cable so you can hook it up to your PC.
    Then use software called Winhiip to recognise the PS2 formatted HDD (cause windows wont) and use it to add game iso files to the PS2 HDD. This usually takes about 3 - 4 mins.