1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Stuff you might* need to backup GT4

Discussion in 'PS2 - DVD backup discussion' started by Takenover, Mar 10, 2005.

1. Takenover

Takenover Member

I compiled a folder full of stuff you *might* need to backup Gran Turismo 4. I got tired of people searching/asking for stuff. There might be some other's things out there you could use, but this is enough to get you started. Now get to work and figure out to backup GT4 :) I believe this is all free stuff available on the net. So no pirate stuff included.

Includes:

Latest Dvd Decrypter
    CDVDGEN 1.5
    Apache 2
    IML2ISO (couple different apps for this)
    gt4volextractor.exe
    GTFSExtract.exe
    VOL Extract.exe
    VOL Rebuild.exe

http://rapidshare.de/files/822986/Stuff_you_might_need_to_backup_GT4.rar.html

2. Ikari_San

Ikari_San Member

Awesome, very useful stuff!

3. Ikari_San

Ikari_San Member

After fiddling with these apps for a while I'm glad to say they allow you to easily rip and burn ISO's of each individual layer.

However, and this is a big "however", burning the second layer's ISO to the second layer of a DL disc does not necessarily mean it will burn it in PTP, because the disc needs to capable of it.

4. Takenover

Takenover Member

GTFSExtract.exe
    VOL Extract.exe
    VOL Rebuild.exe

I believe those those apps just create trash, I have no way of telling for sure though. They do not create the 66 movie files that gt4volextractor.exe produce.

These app's just pretty much get the game on your harddrive, untill we figure out to patch it, there is no need to burn it. You will just create coasters.

Last edited: Mar 10, 2005