1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Stupid ? but which disc can I use

Discussion in 'DVD±R media' started by SpoonieG, Dec 15, 2004.

1. SpoonieG

SpoonieG Member

I have the Sony DRX-710UL and I was thinking of purchasing the epson R200 to do the labeling. My question, which disc can I use because I see on supermediastore.com that the -R printable media is a lot cheaper than the +R. Can I use the -R and what is the draw back from being able to play in most DVD standalones?

2. bbmayo

bbmayo Active member

You can use either the -R or the +R. If you are shopping at supermedia might I suggest the 8x White inkjet printable Prdisc -R DVD's they are really good disk's. They print on very well with that printer, and I have not had 1 single coaster out of 250 disk's. You really won't go wrong with them.

If you have older DVD players you probably want to go with -R's, but if you have newer equipment then both would more than likely work fine. Nothing is a sure thing though. Check all your player's out and see what they support. Normally though you would be fine with either.
    [​IMG]

3. SpoonieG

SpoonieG Member

Thanks and then some for the quick info. Will try those out and post results. Still have to get the printer though. Was outbid at ebay.......might just go to office depot......comes out about the same price with shipping anyways.

4. Mort81

Mort81 Senior member

5. bbmayo

bbmayo Active member

Yeah, but remember the brand new ones don't come with the USB Cable either. There isn't to many printers out there that come with the cable though..

[​IMG]

6. SurfDude

SurfDude Member

Yes the Epson R200 it comes without the USB cable, another $10 but it worth it I have it and LOVE IT!!
    I print the cover and they look just like the original
    (Tip: CLEAN nozzles before start printing)

As for the media check which one your stand along is compatible ( - for older players, + for newer )