1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Stupid Noobie Question

Discussion in 'PS2 - DVD backup discussion' started by jasaund, Apr 2, 2005.

1. jasaund

jasaund Guest

What media is the BEST for backing up?

Reason being is I have used verbaitum for 2 games so far. Nfl 2k5, and metal gear 3. Both have had issues. Burned them with decrypter at 1x speed. 2k5 gets choppy with announcer commentary turned on during franchise mode. And snake eater froze once while eating a pyton causing my v12 ps2's laser to act like it was stuck, making all kind of noise. BTW using SM V3.3. I have a feeling it is the media's fault and want your take on it. Media code is: MCC 01RG20 dvd-r

2. ellis315

ellis315 Member

Well, i use verbatim 4x and it works perfectly, i have heard people say that riteks (GO4 dye) are good so maybe try that. Hope that helps

3. jasaund

jasaund Guest

I have an NEC 3520a Drive with a modified firmware (1.u9). Could this modified firmware be casuing my problem? I have burned movies flawlessly with this burner and media combo for months now and am shocked to have problems with console backups. I am looking to point fingers so I can fix. Any ideas would be much appreciated.

4. XNikoX

XNikoX Guest

You should try to getvthe latest firmware for your burner i had problems to but then i updated my dvd burner and all my copies work fine.

5. ellis315

ellis315 Member

i have updated my firmware but still no luck

6. faustx

faustx Member

doesnt really matter what media u use ( i use cheap 25 cent dvd+r but get good reviews, ritek ridata)
    maybe the game is nuked or u burn it wrong or its the ps2 laser

7. ellis315

ellis315 Member

well it cant be the laser because the orginal works so i will look into all the other possible reasons. thanx