1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Stupid question about Cache

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by oraclebob, Feb 7, 2005.

1. oraclebob

oraclebob Guest

I am using DVD's to backup data on my harddrive, but when I try to write to DVD it comes up saying there was a problem caching the files. (I do not have the biggest harddrive)

My question, if the files are already on my harddrive - is it necessary to cache the files??? Can I turn this option off??

2. deadcat

deadcat Regular member

you need to free up some space (have a minimum of 6gb in order to burn a dvd, and thats a bare minimum). The burning program creates a 'temp' file of what your burning so in effect you need double the neccessary space.
    And no i doubt it can be turned off

3. oraclebob

oraclebob Guest

If I turn it off it says then comes up with the warning that if I continue some DVD players may not be able to read the files. I am using Nero to write the DVD. Is just a general warning from Nero??

I was under the impression that when you burnt a disc from files on your hardrive that it would write directly to cd or dvd, but when copying a disc it would create a temp file?