1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Stuttering during movie and sound sometimes choppy

Discussion in 'PS2 - DVD backup discussion' started by Eazyduzit, Mar 30, 2005.

1. Eazyduzit

Eazyduzit Regular member

when i maded a backup i use swap magic but during movie cut screens it starts to chop through as if the laser isnt reading it right but it chops and keeps going to the next scene its not slow. i use memrex and burn at 2.4 any ideas this was resently my other backups worked fine with same process

2. keras

keras Regular member

the problem is most likely your media. I would try switching brands...I use Maxell and have had no problemw.

3. EWRFan

EWRFan Guest

I have the same problem in certain games, but it seems to be a problem of the playstation and not the media.

Example: In Spiderman 2, the cutscenes dont load properly, the sound stutters and the game pauses to load whenever I come into the vecinity of a large building.

In 007 Everything or Nothing, the game pauses to load sometimes when their are many explosions around.

In Smackdown vs Raw and Call of Duty, the voices take forever to load, sometimes you read the subtitles and dont hear the voice until a minute or so later.

However, this same backups work fine in my neighbor's PS2. Another friend of mine who has the same version of PS2 as mine has the same issues that I have. I think that the problem is that your playstation is one of the first three versions (mine is version three) and they have some issues with loading. My neighbor's PS2 is version 7 and it runs them fine.

Other games like Project Snowblind, Prince of Persia 2 and DBZ Budokai 3 run perfectly fine tough....

4. Eazyduzit

Eazyduzit Regular member

well i got version 7 i cleaned the lens with alchhol it worked a little but still any ideas

5. titch71

titch71 Guest

If your writer will support it burn at 1x or 2x.

My friend has had similar problems when burning at faster than 1x.

Saying that it may be worth trying different media.

I have seen games load fine on 1 ps2 and not another. Burning another image using the disk that didn't work to different media and the game works fine. I have had that with several disks

6. Eazyduzit

Eazyduzit Regular member

i use nero and my burner only goes down to 2x. i use nero to burn iso image anything wrong. i will try diffrent media mabey some games dont like memorex dvdr media

thanks

7. titch71

titch71 Guest

I would use DVD-Decrypter

http://www.dvddecrypter.com/

Its free and is the most reliable software i have used. I have even backed up PS1 games with this that didn't work for me with Alcohol 120%.

I don't think you would find anyone on these forums that wouldn't recommend using this software 1st.

8. NeoRio

NeoRio Member

It's your DVD player dude. I experienced the same problem playing backups on my Xbox, but after so many choppy scenes and stalls at certain points in the movies, I just couldn't take it anymore. I came to the conclusion that it was not the backups that were the problem, but the type of player that I was using, so I decided to go out and purchase a dvd player to see if the backups would work any better on it, and I was right. Sure enough, the type of player that I was using was the problem; I haven't had a single problem since I've been using my new player. The backups that play choppy in my Xbox play perfectly fine in the new player, so you might wanna consider buying a new dvd player. I don't know what your financial situation is right now, but this would definitely be worth your while. The DVD player that I bought is pretty affordable ($40 @ Best Buy); It's a really cheap generic brand player (Cyber Home, DVD+R(W) playback, DVD-R(W) playback, CD-R(W) playback, progressive scanning video system, mp3 playback, among other features) but it works perfectly fine.

9. NeoRio

NeoRio Member

Oh, my bad. it appears that you all are talking about backup games. Silly me. Well, for anyone out there who has a problem playing dvd backups, you might wanna look over my post.

10. Eazyduzit

Eazyduzit Regular member

haha its ok ys it is ps2 backup but u did give me an idea it might be the laser or the ps2 old and cant read blank dvds