1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Substituting Normal HDD w/o hd loader

Discussion in 'PS2 - Hardware boot discussion' started by xtreemedy, Oct 10, 2004.

1. xtreemedy

xtreemedy Member

i looked for this aroung this board and didnt see anything about it so i decided to make a new thread

There are new socom 2 maps comming out for ps2 next month, but in order to get them you need to have the hdd, i want the maps but the 100.00 price tag seems pretty high just to get the maps, I know you can use oretty much any hdd except wd and use the hdd loader with it to copy games onto it, but can you use a normal hdd like the ps2 hdd works? to play online and download stuff to it, or will the ps2 just not recognize it? because if it does work then i could buy a cheap-o 20 gig hdd and just use it for socom stuff
    and if i have a hd loader installed on my hdd will it mess up my ps2 if i try to go online with it?

2. aznbound

aznbound Regular member

Games played with hdloader cant be used to go online. And from what I know, only the official hard drive can download patches, maps, etc. It will also delete everything if you format it with hdloader. I say just buy the official one.

3. GlennT

GlennT Regular member

games that use the hdd can only go online if they are older games that dont have proper dnas checks

twisted metal black online works fine from the hdd

but anythign thats not ancient, or from a time when the network adapter first came out, then you cant play it from the hdd

oh, and so far, having hdloader files on your mem card will not give you any troubles goin online with the actual game, or a patched and burned backup...

-x-x-x-