1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Subtitle Info !!!

Discussion in 'DVD±R for advanced users' started by darkcast, Apr 27, 2005.

1. darkcast

darkcast Member

I came across a ripped DVD movie at work and I was wondering how they put subtitles in the movie I could choose from over 4 subs... Is there a guide anywhere that I can read how to do it? And what app could I use?

Thank you !!!

2. new2video

new2video Member

try dvdsanta 4.0.

dvdsanta.com

Let me know, if it works for you. I am having problem to add the subtitle using dvdsanta 4.0. I guess the problem is that I have too much codec drivers on my system.

Good luck

3. MilesAhed

MilesAhed Regular member

If you have a VIDEO_TS folder rip of a DVD then the easiest thing to try may be DVD2SVCD. It can target DVD as well as SVCD. Just change the setting on the Misc Tab for source and dest to DVD. There's a Subtitles Tab that lets you select how many subtitle tracks and when the processing first starts it presents you with samples of the subtitles so you can select which ones are valid. You can find detailed guides just by googling on DVD2SVCD and GUIDE or go to www.dvdrhelp.com or use the guide on this site substituting DVD output instead of SVCD:

http://www.afterdawn.com/guides/archive/dvd2svcd_guide.cfm

Only thing is you need TMPGEnc Plus but that's only like $37 now. I've been using it for several years and it's a good encoder to have. Now I think there are a couple of free MPG2 encoders around but I haven't tried 'em since TMPGEnc Plus works fine for me.

There may be an easier way to do what you want using DVD Shrink. I haven't used it much yet though. You could check the guides for it and see if there's a simple way to mux the subtitles in with the vob files.