1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Subtitle Newbie questions

Discussion in 'Convert DVD to another format' started by pike2k, Mar 18, 2002.

1. pike2k

pike2k Guest

Hi folks, I'm new to this forum. thx to cd-rw.org for pointing me here.

Sorry if this is a silly question but I wonder the following:

1. Which is the subtitle-format most widely used in players that support subtitles?
    2. Which good divx players support the format above?
    3. I need to split 1 subtitle file for a 2cd DivX rip. Which program do I use to synch it with the video?
    4. I want to join a splitted 2cd subtitle (.srt) that I found on the net for my movie and then split it again (see 3.)

many thx in advance!!

2. dRD

dRD I hate titles Staff Member

1. Depends :) Either srt, ssa or VobSub's .sub (there are at least two formats with .sub extension, VobSub's files are pretty huge, megabytes instead of 100k's)
    2. Download DivXG400 from AfterDawn.com -- this adds subtitle support for Windows Media Player 6.x and virtually all players that use WMP's playback routines (there are tons of those). DivXG400 supports virtually all subtitle formats and has additional features as well.
    3&4. Go to DivX-Digest.com's software section and look under "Subtitles" for tools for splitting, converting, joining and editing subtitles.