1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Subtitle Outline and Shadow not working

Discussion in 'Subtitle help' started by ringo_0, Feb 24, 2015.

1. ringo_0

ringo_0 Newbie

Alright, so I'm making lyric videos for some music that I have the CD's for. I'm using Videopad for importing the SSA/ASS file and Aegissub for exporting the files to SSA/ASS. Everything seems to be crossing over when I export the files to Videopad EXCEPT outline and shadow. I've edited the tags and everything in notepad and still no avail. I would just like to have a thick outline for the subtitles at least 2-3 pixels thick. Does anyone know how I can fix this or a file type I must export to or maybe special program that can fix this? Thank you!

Here is the style I'm working with: Style: SubtitleStyle1292,Palatino Linotype,28,16777215,0,0,0,0,0,-1,1,0,2,5,5,5,0,0

This is what I got when I export and upload it to YouTube:

2. attar

attar Senior member

I don't use either of the programs mentioned, but I imported a .srt file into Subtitle Workshop and saved it as .ass.
    The first sample has a black outline of 2 pixels with no shadow.
    The second is the same with the addition of a 2 pixel black shadow.
    Muxed the ass subs using MkvMerge.
    These are screen shots.

Clipboard20.

ringo_0 likes this.
  3. ringo_0

ringo_0 Newbie

Thank you for your reply, attar. It helped me search else where and find the answers I was looking for. I stumbled across this afterdawn tutorial on using VirtualDub to do hard subtitles for .avi files. Here is my results and I'm happy to say this post has been resolved!