1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Question Subtitles are out of sync

Discussion in 'Video playback problems' started by movielover, Feb 23, 2017.

1. movielover

movielover Member

Hi,
    i keep having an issue with external subtitles (.srt) being out of sync when playing a movie on different devices. I've tried it on a mac, pc and Samsung TV. When playing the file with vlc player, thay are perfectly aligned (obviously without any adjustments). Playing same file via Plex player, they are out of sync by about 5 secs.

Any suggestions?

2. sandyfoot

sandyfoot Member

I use Any Video Converter to hardcode the .srt into the video file.

3. attar

attar Senior member

4. dp70

dp70 Member

Any suggestions?[/QUOTE]

I use VLC with out of sync sub-picture and incorrect audio offsets. There are other fixes as suggested, VLC is an immediate fix for playback- it does not transcode or recode anything, unless the record mode is used.
    Should you d/l this program, be certain to d/l from a known good source--- such as Afterdawn.

Here is a fact from the days of film and when Radio City Music Hall was a first run venue - the auditorium was very long - as a consequence prints were made with the optical sound offset by 2 frames - these prints were marked - Music Hall - on the leader. This helped keep lip sync for the farthest seats.

Looks like I finally chose an avatar- a Philips DP70 / AA-II 35/70 moving picture machine- custom built for Todd-AO Corp. ( I own 3) A lifetime ago I was a troubleshooter for Todd-AO Corp. The first projector to be awarded a technical Oscar- from 1955 to this day- it is without equal. When Hollywood got stupid with digital cinema - I started conserving 70mm prints.
    Sound system is Dolby/DTS/DD/magnetic/optical - 6 channels at 500 watts per.

Last edited: Mar 5, 2017