1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

subtitles embedded into dvd+r avi in standalone dvd recorder?

Discussion in 'Subtitle help' started by cbjargon, May 30, 2007.

1. cbjargon

cbjargon Member

I have a video card right now where i have to play the movie on computer but it
    displays it on tv also that means I can not surf the net while watching movie. So I am
    thinking about getting a Standalone dvd recorder that way it can be hooked up ONLY to
    the tv and we can still surf. Anyway about subtitles I know how to download them and
    upload them into the media player to have it in sync with the movie displayed on the
    screen. But when i do get the dvd recorder is there a way that i can embed the subtitle file
    in to the movie file extension somehow and be able to watch the movies before I burn to dvd+r
    disc but watch it in the dvd recorder and then when i go and play the movie the subtitles will
    already be in there just as if i uploaded them to the media player?

2. attar

attar Senior member

The only way I know is if the new machine can handle DivX then the video file is saved to the DVD as a data disk.
    The subtitles (a .srt file with the same name as the video file) is also burned to the data disk.
    The player associates the two files and the subtitles displayed.
    If you use a DVD±RW it also gives an idea if the video is worth a disk.

Last edited: May 30, 2007