1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

subtitles on a foreing language film.....

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by GhstRydr, Mar 19, 2005.

1. GhstRydr

GhstRydr Member

I'm using dvd2one X to compres Kung Fu Hustle. I own a Region 3 encoded dvd and i succesfully changed the region coding. When I compressed I selected the chinese audio and english subtitles. But when I burned the dvd...I did not have the english subtitles.

Any insight would be appreciated.

btw I am using a demo version of dvd2one X (I wanted to make sure that it would work before I popped for the 49 Euro prog)... do I need a full working version to be able to grab the subtitles on a foreign-lang dvd?

2. GpFever

GpFever Guest

GhstRydr... (I wonder if your user name refers to the video? Quite choice footage.)
    I am a newbie to this section, however, if you have not already tried, have a go with DVD decrypter and DVD Shrink combined with Nero burning Rom.
    All a free apart from Nero Rom which can be obtained elsewhere.
    With DVD Shrink you choose region free and depending on size of film, burn the entire film as is or compress to fit.
    If you want to edit for better quality or omit annoying ...ads..., choose re-author and there you slice and dice and can also select the language and Subtitles to be heard/displayed.
    Check the box for subtitles. Only one set of subtitles can be used in re-author mode I believe.

Hope this gives you another choice. No need to pay really. Free software Does work.