1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

subtitles popping up at random

Discussion in 'DVD±R for advanced users' started by squizzle, Mar 9, 2005.

1. squizzle

squizzle Active member

I was watching Dogma yesterday (made with DVD X Copy) and it was weird. I noticed for subtitles (using the DVD player function, not changing it through the DVD menu) that one of the options had a * where it usually says what language. This was the default and it was off. I changed it to English and turned it on and it worked fine, then I turned it off. After that, they would start showing up at random throughout the movie for about 5 or 10 seconds at a time. This happened like 4 times I think. I've watched this movie many times before and this is the first time I have ever seen this.

I have noticed that some movies start with subtitles right away when made with X Copy. This is one of the many reasons I don't use X Copy anymore.

Has anyone else seen this?

Thanks in advance.

2. bbmayo

bbmayo Active member

Sounds like your players going bonkers!! Or it's just another Xcopy debockle..

3. rmbrewer

rmbrewer Member

I had a brand new DVD rented at the video store do the same thing. Can not remember which one but it was about 2 months ago. The lady at the video store says that they have seen that quite a few times straight from the manufacturer. She says they told her defect at factory. Free rental of the same movie and it worked fine. Goes to show with all this directory restructuring, bad sectors, and other copy protection schemes things can bite the manufacturers.

4. squizzle

squizzle Active member

weird.

I'm still gonna blame X Copy. Since using DVD Shrink I haven't seen this at all.