1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Subtitles Problem!

Discussion in 'DVD±R for advanced users' started by iMIKE?, Jan 13, 2003.

1. iMIKE?

iMIKE? Member

I ripped Hearts in Atlantis DVD (wich I own) but i had to get rid of some languages and subtitles.... Just left Original audio and Portuguese Subtitles... I used IFOedit with VPC to make .IFO, and new .VOB's. Made a disc image with toast, tested it, and it's great, just as i wanted. I burned the DVD, and the took it to my stand alone DVD player and ... Bam! Subtitles in English! How?????? Later, i checked the .IFO file in the New DVD, and the settings sound correct!!!! I tested again the DVD in computer, after restarting and deleting the ripped movie and the subtitles are still in Portuguese... tested again in stand alone player and... English! What's going on? The Movie appears with subtitles in English in my Stand alone DVD player, and subtitles in Portuguese in my PS2! weird!

2. sirmugen

sirmugen Regular member

maybe its your standalone DVD setting.... check that, maybe its on English by default. Maybe you DVD setting is off and your closed caption is on your TV, check that as well.

sirmugen

3. iMIKE?

iMIKE? Member

Nah, DVD settings in portuguese...! thanks anyways:)