1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Subtitles problems on avi to vcd

Discussion in 'Other video questions' started by JareX, Apr 21, 2005.

1. JareX

JareX Member

i just found a very usefull guide that explained how to transform .avi files on vcd format with subtitle files, this one:
    http://www.afterdawn.com/guides/archive/divx_to_vcd.cfm
    well i followed all the steps, i have the fixed mp2 extracted audio, and all the programs needed, i was on one of the last steps, when using the tmpgenc program, it say that i must change the priority of DirectShow Multimedia File Reader to the first one, then i click on preview, but the subtitles didnt apear, and they are named exactly like the movie file, (its a .str file) and i cant continue if i cant see the subtitles, anyone can help me??

2. JareX

JareX Member

can anyone help me??? btw i tried to open the movie with media player, and the subtitles didnt apear, i wonder why, they are named exactly the same

3. celtic_d

celtic_d Regular member

Well you need something installed like ffdshow or directvobsub to render the subs. Also you could frameserve the video via AVISynth or VDub with subs rather than messing about with dshow as TMPGEnc doesn't get on well with dvobsub.