1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

subtitles?

Discussion in 'DVD Shrink forum' started by kalinon, Mar 30, 2007.

1. kalinon

kalinon Member

I re-authored my backup copy of a dvd and the sustitles wont go away and I cant turn them off so what do I do? In another back-up copy I made of another dvd I can turn the subtitles on and off but thats all. When they are on they show up for the foreign language as well as the english and when they are off I have to guess what they say when they aren't speaking english which isn't very good unless I've seen the movie alot. In the original copies the subtitles work like they should-they show up for language that isn't english and stay off when it is unless I turn them on for all words. So can anyone help me or give some advice on how I could fix this problem=)

2. PacMan777

PacMan777 Regular member

Did you use the remote to try turning off the subtitles? Not from the menu selections, but with the remote feature that changes subtitles while the movie is playing. Other than that, try not recording the subtitles. As for myself, I would select movie only with menu in RipIt4Me, if that's what I wanted, or edit in Full Disc (in DVD Shrink) using Still Image.

3. kalinon

kalinon Member

but what bout subtitles for people who are not speaking english and therefore we need subtitles to see what they are saying. Is there anything special I need to do to get the dvd back-up to show the movie like the original, which would be "re-authored" so enable it to fit on the burned dvd, and show the subtitles for languages other than english and not every word spoken or is that something else?

4. zippyd

zippyd Regular member

For future reference, when doing a movie with "translational" subs as I call them, try this guide HERE

EDIT
    You can go into the preferences in Shrink and choose "Disable all sub streams except menus and forced streams. That should keep the subs from popping up unwanted.

Last edited: Apr 8, 2007
  5. PacMan777

PacMan777 Regular member

If you want to keep particular subtitles, you don't uncheck them. You only uncheck what you don't want. That goes for audio as well as subpicture (subtitle) options.