1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Subtitling just a portion of DVD

Discussion in 'Subtitle help' started by LeRobert, Feb 11, 2007.

1. LeRobert

LeRobert Member

This is what I want to do:

I want to get an AVI video with hardcoded subtitles from a DVD movie, but I just want a section of the DVD movie, for example a 10 minutes scene at the middle of the film, with the subtitle language of my preference.

Do you know a procedure or a program that it is able to do it?

In the past I have tried this:

- With DVDshrink I have been able to select the scene or section of my preference and then get a folder in the hard disk with the subfolders audio-ts and video-ts

- I am able to play this "folder" with any dvd-player like windvd and to select the language of my preference.

- I tried to get an video avi file with hard coded subtitles using AutoGK: I was able to open de ifo file in AutoGK and then select the subtitle of my preference and to get and AVI file. But the subtitles were not present. What happened? Does it have something to do with the time frame of the subtitles.

Please tell me what is wrong with the method I'm using or suggest me a better one.

Thank you.

2. celtic_d

celtic_d Regular member

FairUse Wizard should be able to do it.