1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Success

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by jr13030, Oct 20, 2004.

1. jr13030

jr13030 Guest

Just wanted to extend a thank you to everyone who helps out the "newbies." After spending several days simply studying the guides and reading the threads, I finally jumped in with both feet, and using SHRINK and DVD DECRYPTER, I have successfully backed up 40 out of 40 dvds on the first try. Couldn't have done it without you guys...especially scuba pete...thanks again. If I could throw out one question though... When backing up longer movies, and eliminating unwanted extras, I still sometimes get a compression % of just over 60 or so... it seems to look decent when I play it... My question is this.... what % is generally considered acceptable, before drastic loss in quality? I know each person has his own taste...just looking for a few opinions. Thanks again for eveything guys!

2. carpki

carpki Guest

I couldn't say off-hand what is the lowest compression rate I have used, but I'm sure I've had it down to about 55%. I really don't think you would notice a difference in quality unless you were to measure it frame by frame with the original copy.

3. lawndog

lawndog Regular member

lowest I had was 47% to scared to go much lower I have also eerased all the menus and crap off