1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Success

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by keskamess, Jan 5, 2005.

1. keskamess

keskamess Member

I just received my (first) burner today LITEON Double-Layer (1633S) and installed it (myself) on my P4 1.7 computer with XP Home.

I was able to backup one of my DVD's with DVD Decrypter, DVD Shrink and Nero 6.3 on the very first attempt! Used TDK media 8x and the entire process took about 1/2 an hour.

The only problem I did have was not using the right command on DVD Shrink (I wasn't using 'Open Disc Image') but figured it out after the 3rd attempt.

I also had a problem with my files being saved as rar files for some reason. Thanks to another post, I figured out what I had to do with Winrar to stop that from happening.

The posts/guides have really helped me with everything working out right!

Thanks Folks

2. beltline

beltline Regular member

Congrats! It always feels good to get that first one out of the way. Happy burning and don't be a stranger.

3. chewy1308

chewy1308 Member

can anyone help me using TMPGEnc to convert my xvid.AVI files to dvd format-my problem is that on the last page of the wizard i cannot get the video bitrate less than 2000 so that the project is in between 95 and 97 like the guide on this website says. can anyone help me? maybe changing the audio bitrate would do the trick?

4. vurbal

vurbal Administrator Staff Member

@chewy1308:
    You need to start a new thread for this question. Posting in the MPEG-1 and MPEG-2 encoding (AVI to DVD) forum is your best bet.