1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

success

Discussion in 'PS2 - DVD backup discussion' started by live2fast, Feb 15, 2007.

1. live2fast

live2fast Member

after reading through the forums for a week to gather information on best ways to backup/burn games and what media to use; i finally got the swap magic 3.6/slim fit tools in the mail...

alot of people were complaining about not being able to install the tools correctly into the ps2 slim v14; i was concerned but to my surprise, all 3 tools fit in perfectly with ease, and the case of my ps2 can open and close with no problems!

i picked up a 10pack of memorex 16x dvd-r's with a media id of RITEKF1
    they seem to work very well with 3 games (burned at 6x with nero)

when i backed up fight night round 3 and burned it with dvd decrypter at 6x it had very poor load times (1-2 minutes in between every loading scene)
    so i booted up nero and burned it at 8x and the game would not boot.
    also i performed a rebuild but to no avail... very frustrated at wasting 5 discs on the game, it was time for bed.

there is tons of threads on media id out there and i decided to buy sony 16x dvd-r accuCORE (SONY16D1), i use a sony dru-720a burner and figured sony burner, sony discs, sony ps2, why not?

when i got home i updated my burner bios, installed winaspi32, and burned fight night round 3 at 8x with dvd decrypter... SUCCESS; the game works flawlessly.
    madden 07 @ 8x - i was concerned at first it seemed to glitch every now and then after kickoffs and plays so i popped in the original disc and it seemed to act very similar... no problems.
    devil may cry 3 @ 8x - flawless.

basically the point of this thread is to all the people who throw out their bias'd opinions on how swap magic sucks; or how if its not taiyo yuden media it sucks; or how slimfit/magickeys are impossible to install, etc. etc.

i have great success with swap magic with over 10 games so far, both memorex and sony were good media (yes i know memorex can suck depending on the media id), and slimfit/magickeys do infact work and you can open/close the ps2 when installed correctly.

2. BIGnewb

BIGnewb Guest

i also first bought memorex and it turned out i mistaken them for maxell.i thought it was vice versa.but after getting tdk i realized they're better but i hate tdk dvds still for some reason.then i started using fujifilm and these are taiyo yuden tagged so they're here to stay.glad its goin good 4 u too man.....

3. live2fast

live2fast Member

my buddy gave me a couple of fujifilm (made in japan) dvds, i have yet to use them but they are infact taiyo yuden.
    so far i have about 4 games backed up on memorex (ritek) dvd's and 20 backed up on sony accucore dvd's all working flawless.

im addicted to ffxii, haha