1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

successful burn, but weird on the dvd p

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by babyalien, Dec 21, 2004.

1. babyalien

babyalien Member

I decrypted a film to my external hd, then burnt it to dvd+r using ULEAD BURN.NOW and the hardware was freecom dvdrw+rw- bla bla

well when i tried to play it on the tv using the dvd player, a menu came up, like the pc, i had to search for the video folder and click the file, BUT there where many probs! many!!!! I will elaborate later if needed, as i guess u people know the answer?

(I would have that a certain setting would be needed hey!)

thankyou

2. scf_au

scf_au Regular member

Ah, so you've still not been attended to? Maybe it's your nick. *_*
    Just kidding. Anyway, I'm not familiar with the software you're using. But many people here are using DVD Shrink and DVD Decrypter, both very good AND free programs downloadable from this site. Why don't you give them a try first to see if you can get better results?
    Good luck!

3. babyalien

babyalien Member

whats wrong WITH MY NAME?

i have dvd decrypter, and can sure u not just working with material, i'm also dealiong with the evil forces.

i'm really stress, u have no idea how much trouble i had, they sent me a dvdrw without the software, thats just the start, i just payed £100 only for backing films, so i hope my negative aura fades so i get some help.

4. scf_au

scf_au Regular member

O.K., O.K., here goes:
    There are several common causes for copied DVDs unable to play on stand alones:
    1) bad media (price not always the best indicator)
    2) compatibility (+/- rw)
    3) burning too fast (beyond 4x)
    4) software problems (for some unknown reasons, burning softwares do not work the same for everybody and/or machines)
    5) other factors (such that I'll not be wrong *_*)
    So when you begin your burning career, you really need to be patient and explore a little more regarding what works for you.
    I'll suggest you try the DVDShrink + DVD Decrpyter + Nero combination first to see if they work for you at all. If not, try other media (preferably RW to cut down on losses). Still not working, many more people here would be willing to help.
    Good luck!

5. babyalien

babyalien Member

my dvdrw is +/- compactible and it all works fine.

my problem is that it's not like a normal dvd film which would auto play normally!

see my signature, thats the process which i have done, this is not looking good is it?:(

6. babyalien

babyalien Member

in ulead burn.now, i chose create disc, data disc which may be wrong..

i just noticed that in audio disc mode, i could choose 'audio-only dvd video!

would this option be right

7. Jerry746

Jerry746 Senior member

I think it has something to do with the way Ulead is burning your file structure. As suggested before, I would download DVD Shrink(free) which can use DVD Decrypter as the final burn engine. Once you get them installed, read the guides for using Shrink with Decrypter off the GUIDE tab at the page top. It isn't very hard to setup and use. Your results should be much better.

Jerry

8. babyalien

babyalien Member

ok, i'll try that, but does'nt shrink do the same thing as dvd decrypter?

9. Jerry746

Jerry746 Senior member

Shrink and Decrypter both remove encryption, but only Shrink can compress a large dvd 9 movie to fit a dvd 5 blank(4.7gig). It is the most common software used to rip, compress, and edit dvd movies. It can't burn back but can use Decrypter or Nero as the burning program.

Jerry

10. scf_au

scf_au Regular member

I'm not familiar with Ulead burn now, but you shouldn't be creating a data disk:

"in ulead burn.now, i chose create disc, data disc which may be wrong"

Data disks are for storing data. Are there other options like 'burning to DVD' etc.?