1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

successful install, but DVD rom failure

Discussion in 'PS2' started by RabbiTaoy, Mar 16, 2004.

1. RabbiTaoy

RabbiTaoy Member

I've installed a couple of V5/6 PS2 with magic 5 successfully. But one of them worked well for a couple of weeks and the DVD rom died. I mean every time you put in a disc it makes a loud skipping sound and won't read any discs, backup nor original. The same problem happened to one of my xboxes. How did it happen? Is it the media that damaged the dvd rom? I used memorex 4x and TDK 2x and burnt them at top speed (now i know burning at 1x is preferred). So is it a problem with the laser? how can I fix it? can someone give me a link to a tutorial? any help is apreciated thx.

2. benagain

benagain Regular member

I wanna say to open the PS2 agian and check all of your points, but other than that I'm not sure. I've noticed that a lot of problems with no swap chips is due to a bad connection somewhere on the PS2 motherboard.

3. account

account Guest

ok let me just say this there are no bad non swap chips just bad installs.

check over every connection with a magnifing glass and after that if it still doesnt work check for blown fuses and if it still doesnt work remove the chip and try an original and if that doesnt work replace the laser and put the chip back in.

check out my site http://jgames.50megs.com

4. RabbiTaoy

RabbiTaoy Member

how do you check the points? to see if they are loose? and how do you fix the laser if it's bad? does anyone have any tutorials? thx guys.