1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

sudden issue

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by silver69, Mar 24, 2005.

1. creaky

creaky Moderator Staff Member

cool, burning is not cpu intensive, but if something starts running that hammers the hard drive, bye bye disc. I had that happen the other week, i was using a beta version of msn messenger and got sent a popup thingy that crashed the msn app. That in turn for some reason caused the hard drive to churn and the big buffer bar in Nero dropped to almost nothing for a while. The burn succeeded a few mins later but i threw disc straight in the wood burner, uninstalled msn beta & reinstalled a stable version, and reburnt the disc..

Last edited: Apr 7, 2005
  2. silver69

silver69 Member

Hey just an update here: I refomatted my hard drive and reloaded my OS etc and now I'm back to burning dvds like a charm. I have no idea what was going on or what was wrong. For reasons other then the dvd burning problem I had to reload my system and then tried to burn a dvd, it worked perfect. Go figure.

3. creaky

creaky Moderator Staff Member

computers - pah!!

glad you're sorted.... now stay off those memorex !

:)

4. silver69

silver69 Member

:) I wanted to add to the last post and forgot...been using Maxell and Verbatim and been very happy with both.