1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Suddenly I am making DVDR coasters

Discussion in 'DVD±R for advanced users' started by cumbrian, Apr 23, 2003.

1. cumbrian

cumbrian Guest

I have been ripping and burning movies for some time. I have had good success with Record Now Max in the burning department. However for the last week or so I have started making coasters when burning to DVDR, but when I burn the same folders to a DVDRW they work fine, Any ideas???

2. Timinem

Timinem Member

It sounds like a media issue. Are the DVD-R's the same brand as the -RW's? Have you tried on various -R media types? It could also be a burning speed issue. Since you don't specify which burner you have, have you tried dropping the burning speed for -R burns? Since -RW speeds are slower than -R speeds, that might be why they are burned successful.

3. cumbrian

cumbrian Guest

The blanks are the same I have been using all along (Ritek), The burner is a Pioneer A04. This has me really confused as the blanks burn fine when I image to them (DVD decrypter) the coasters are only when I burn VIDEO_TS folder and associated files??

Cumbrian