1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

suggested DVD+R media

Discussion in 'DVD±R media' started by kts, Aug 20, 2002.

1. kts

kts Member

OK so I just got a SONY DRU-120A DVD+r/+RW drive and I'm wondering about disc compatibility. I have an RCA DVD player and a PS2 and XBOX. I'm pretty much interested in what kind of DVD+R media would be compatible with the PS2. Anyone know? I tried a movie on Memorex DVD+R and it plays fine in the DRU-120A drive but neither the RCA or PS2 recognize it. Any help would be appreciated. Also, this ones a pretty lame question but my drive came with a sony DVD+RW disc so I figure I should try it but I've been using DVD Decrypter Version 3.1.2.0 to make an ISO file and burn the file to the disc and it works fine on a DVD+R disc but not on a DVD+RW disc because it says it can't recognize the disc...it's unformatted.....how do you format the disc. I also tried nero but it doesn't recognize my drive. Thanks,

kts

2. poop278

poop278 Member

I also had problems getting Memorex dvd+r media to play in a set top dvd player or in a ps2 (although I'm more interested in the set top player). The disks play fine in my dvd-rom drive, but I understand that computers are much more forgiving of differences in media.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

3. dRD

dRD I hate titles Staff Member

PS2's before revision v5 or so, don't support "plus" media at all. And yes, PCs can't be used as a reference to determine if the disc is good or not, only good "brand name" stand-alones will do this.

4. poop278

poop278 Member

Thanks for the info, dRD. So are Memorex dvd+r media generally considered a compatible brand?

5. dRD

dRD I hate titles Staff Member

Can't say, don't have much experience with "plus" camp. Anyone else?

6. mliu

mliu Member