1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Suggestion for save page feature

Discussion in 'AfterDawn feedback & suggestions' started by Konran, Sep 10, 2004.

1. Konran

Konran Member

Hi all,

sometimes I find posts that I want to store on disk to keep it for watching later again - kind of library for this and that.

I've noticed that Internet Explorer always fails to "Save As .." while trying to save a thread's page to disk.

I suggest this as an extension for this site.

Cheers, Konran

2. zippyd

zippyd Active member

You should be able to use any kind of screen capture utility to copy the page you're viewing. Or you can do it the long way and copy/paste into your favorite word processor if you just want the text.

3. Konran

Konran Member

For sure I could do that way but direct screen copy only saves the part that is currently visible. So currently I'm using the second way where I have to be very careful about the selection choosen to paste into MS Word etc. A full selection range results in a memory overflow in MS Word and nothing is visible in the document. Finally this way is quit uncomfortable to use. That's why I'm asking for it :)

Cheers