1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Suggestions for a pair of programs for doing DVD's ?

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by tocilog, Apr 6, 2007.

1. tocilog

tocilog Member

ive used dvd decrypter and dvd shrink together to back up my dvds, but since theyre both out of date, can anyone recommend another pair of programs that complement each other like those 2?

2. dialysis1

dialysis1 Regular member

How about DVDFab Decrypter?

3. rbrock

rbrock Regular member

Ripit4me with Fixvts (free)

4. klemperal

klemperal Regular member

AnyDVD and CloneDVD2 together works great. AnyDVD also works well with DVD decrypter even with the newer Sony movies.

5. rbrock

rbrock Regular member

*removed* this is the web site for Ripit4me with fixvts ,Shrink and Imageburn

Last edited: Apr 9, 2007
  6. bbmayo

bbmayo Active member

7. PacMan777

PacMan777 Regular member

If you check around there are still a few links for RipIt4Me. Until it becomes obsolete, it's still one of the best decryption tools around.

bbmayo
    Good guide. Only I'd open the files in Shrink right after the rip. If the files won't go through the quick analysis, then I'd process with FixVTS. There's still more DVDs that don't need the processing than do. That little step shouldn't mix anyone up.

8. oneacer

oneacer Regular member

I still use those programs. There are a few of the newer ones that I use DVDFab Decrypter (FREE) on first, then Shrink as usual.

Last edited: Apr 7, 2007
  9. tocilog

tocilog Member

thanks guys. im keeping dvd shrink and just got ripit4me. i looked at the fixvts and i just got confused. ive tried dvdfab decrypter but dont you have to pay for it? anyway, im trying this setup now and so far it works pretty good. thanks again.

10. PacMan777

PacMan777 Regular member

DVDFab Gold and Platinum are retail. The free DVDFab Decrypter is the decryption software from those programs without the bells and whistles.

RipIt4Me 1.7.1.0 incorportates FixVTS code and doesn't need the standalone FixVTS.

FixVTS is about the easiest processing program available. A lack of familiarity could be the only problem. You open the Video_TS folder to expose the files, IFO, BUP, and VOB. Open FixVTS on the window with the Video_TS files. Have the boxes checked. Processing in place means no backup. Drag a VOB file onto the box at the bottom of the small FixVTS window and click Full DVD. That processes the full set of files. If you opted for a backup of the original files, that is a folder labeled FixVTS backup files. I don't see how it could get any easier than that.

11. mybarras

mybarras Member

dvd decrypter and dvd shrink plus dvd idle pro never any problems........

12. PacMan777

PacMan777 Regular member

What do you use when you encounter compliance errors caused by some of the new copy protection? If you haven't encountered the problem yet, you've been lucky with your title selections or the protections applied in your region (or rather not being applied).

13. mybarras

mybarras Member

i have never had a problem copying any film sony or otherwise,dvdd either file iso or main movie only their is a work around for every film,just using the above programmes with the very trusted dvd idle pro

14. creaky

creaky Moderator Staff Member

always gets my vote. Followed by my beloved DVD Shrink. If the compression ratio is too much for Shrink to handle i use it's enhancement features. I have a 32" HDTV but i'm all for the content of the movie, over and above whether the movie is the same video quality as the original. If the copy isn't as clear as it might be i just watch the original instead.

p.s. i've removed a Ripit4me link, there's a big stink going on with RI4M so let's be careful what links are posted. thanks

15. PacMan777

PacMan777 Regular member

I'm familiar with DVD Region + CSS Free. It's a good driver decryption program and DVDIdle has been keeping it up to date. It doesn't get as much lip service as Slysoft's AnyDVD, but it's worked for me in the past. I've got it loaded, but it isn't my main decryption program. I know the editing workarounds that can be done as well. I find it easier to use AnyDVD or Region Free (IdlePro) along with DVD Decrypter and then process with FixVTS. Saves a lot of the workaround work. ;) You may want to give FixVTS a look see. A lot of people are using it now to help clean up the mess the heavier copy protections are causing.