1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

suggestions for burners

Discussion in 'PS2 - DVD backup discussion' started by showan, Sep 20, 2004.

1. showan

showan Regular member

Hey everyone.

I have recently been looking up info on copying console games. Before I get a modchip and start making my backups I was wondering what kinds of dvd burners people are using to copy this crap. Does the brand of dvd writer make much difference? What brands of burners are the popular ones?

Also, when copying console games do you need to worry about the cds being protected, or is the copy protection all taken care of by the modchip?

One other question...someone told me that there are next to no PS2/xbox games larger than 4.3GB. I was wondering if it is best to get a Dual layer capable burner? or is that neccessary. And what is this DVD 9 I keep hearing about? I know nothing about this stuff. I'm just trying to learn before I invest all the money in making backups.

THanks for the help.

2. devilhunt

devilhunt Active member

popular brands of dvd writer include pioneer,sony,liteon,plextor but would recomend you make sure that you get a writer that is dual format(writes dvd+r and -r discs)

there arn't many ps2 games that are on dual layer but there has been a few released recently

dvd 5 = single sided single layer disc
    dvd 9 = single sided dual layed disc