1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Suggestions for Sony DRU710a printable media

Discussion in 'DVD±R media' started by autobahn, Jan 18, 2005.

1. autobahn

autobahn Member

I have had bad luck with some proDisc 8x DVD+R media taht I recently purchased. it craps out on both my PC & home DVD player after an hour. I have tried burning at all speeds and it still fails an hour through. Any suggestions for good media that I can print all the way to the center hub is appreciated. I am running the latest firmware as of 1/14/05. I used to use BeAll 4x DVD+R printable media that works great - only I can't find it any more.

2. jamacaboi

jamacaboi Regular member

I use Taiyo Yuden silver top inkjet printable media and it works great. Results are flawless. They also have white inkjet printable media.

Just my experience. Verbatim has white inkjet printable media that is said to be good. Too expensive where I live in Canada so I have not tried them.

I also own and use the same Sony DVD burner 710A.

3. autobahn

autobahn Member

Thanks - I looked them up and it looked good until I saw a picture of the media. I was bummed to discover that it didn't look like it was printable all the way to the center hole of the media so I can't usee these. Any other suggestions?

4. jamacaboi

jamacaboi Regular member

I know that TY also makes hub inkjet printable media. They are available here in Canada where I live. They should also be available where you are. Did you check for hub inkjet printable? They will allow you to print right to centre. Provided you adjust your print settings accordingly of course for hub printable media parameters.

I think this is the disc you want:

http://www.blankmedia.ca/proddetail3.asp?id=302

You should be able to find them at the online retailer you normally use.

I personally use the silver top inkjet printable with the stacking ring.

Last edited: Jan 18, 2005